4 Request of our Lord for Feast Day
Jesus asked that the Solemnity of the Sacred Heart be celebrated each year on the Friday following Corpus Christs, in reparation for the ingratitude of men for the sacrifice which Christ had made for them
5 Promises of the Sacred Heart
Promises of the Sacred Heart
- I will give them all the graces necessary for their state in life.
2. I will establish peace in their families.
3. I will comfort them in their trials.
4. I will be their secure refuge during life, and, above all, in death.
5. I will shed abundant blessings on all their undertakings
6. Sinners will find in My Heart an infinite ocean of mercy.
7. Lukewarm souls will become fervent.
8. Fervent souls will rapidly grow in holiness and perfection.
9. I will bless every place where an image of My Heart shall be exposed and honored.
10. I will give to priests the gift of touching the most hardened hearts.
11. The names of those who promote this devotion will be written in My Heart, never to be blotted out.
12. I promise thee, in the excessive mercy of My Heart, that My all-powerful love will grant to all those who receive Holy Communion on the First Friday of nine consecutive months, the grace of final penitence; they shall not die in My disgrace nor without receiving their Sacraments; My Divine Heart shall be their safe refuge in this last moment.
Meditate on cost of salvation, gift richly paid for by the Son, gruesome agony, meditate on Our Lady, John at the Cross
Justice from religious & civil leaders of His day denied
Honor image in homes, mustard seed becomes mustard tree. Modern day families left Church, seen in grandparents’ house, have an attachment from memory.
Don’t know, but knowledge does not cause act, still need an act of the will.
9 consecutive Friday something always comes up, reflection of interior desire, God is generous to our small tokens of affection
 https://www.ourcatholicprayers.com/promises-of-the-sacred-heart-of-jesus.html accessed May 11, 2020