– Lenten Retreat
-Pious reading, suggested something of the Shroud of Turin and the reality of the torture of the crucifixion. 1700 years removed from the outlawing of crucifixion with Constantine, dulls the memory
-Pious movies, good movies have a way of imparting Truths through the imagination
A holy lent prepares the soul for his particular judgment. Fear is replaced by a calm reliance on the Lord’s infinite mercy without presumption.
Holy confidence in our Lord’s mercy. Rely on His great goodness.
In School Holy Spirit Fr. Jacques Philippe, human nature to fail, pick ourselves up, don’t wallow in it
Ex/ athletes fall. They pop up so fast from fall, they don’t think about their failure before moving to next set. Paul uses image of athlete often. Visual tangible image.
40 days for Lent is a process, over time, look back over 40 days should be growth.
If one is at top of mountain, where else to go. To get to cross He ascended Golgotha.
-A holy lent makes the joy of Easter and the Sundays throughout the year glorious
Supplemental Norms for Plenary Indulgences
- A plenary indulgence can be acquired once only in the course of a day.
- But one can obtain the plenary indulgence for the moment of death, even if another plenary indulgence had already been acquired on the same day.
- A partial indulgence can be acquired more than once a day, unless otherwise expressly indicated.
- The work prescribed for acquiring a plenary indulgence connected with a church or oratory consists in a devout visit and the recitation during the visit of one Our Father and the Creed.
26.To acquire a plenary indulgence it is necessary to perform the work to which the indulgence is attached and to fulfill the following three conditions:
- sacramental confession,
- Eucharistic Communion, and
- prayer for the intention of the Sovereign Pontiff.
It is further required that all attachment to sin, even venial sin, be absent.
If the latter disposition is in any way less than perfect or if the prescribed three conditions are not fulfilled, the indulgence will be partial only, saving the provisions given below in Norm 34 and in Norm 35 concerning those who are “impeded.”
27. The three conditions may be fulfilled several days before or after the performance of the prescribed work; it is, however, fitting that Communion be received and the prayer for the intention of the Sovereign Pontiff be said on the same day the work is performed.
 The Handbook of Indulgences Norms & Grants (Catholic Book Publishing: New York, 1991) #63
 Ibid #22
 https://www.ourladyswarriors.org/indulge/norms.htm accessed February 10, 2020