- Prophecy in Accord with the Church’s Approval (these are the ones to listen to, if desired)
If you are in an area that does not have the Holy Mass, the Lord Himself will supply the graces necessary. This reflection is for those who have access to it but do not avail themselves of its full weight, which is all of us at one time or another.
The Holy Mass
The Testimony of Catalina (2004) Boliva
In a marvelous catechesis, the Lord and the Virgin Mary have been instructing us, in the first place, about the way to pray the Holy Rosary, to pray with our hearts, meditating and enjoying the moments of our encounter with God and our Blessed Mother. They have also taught us the way to make a good Confession, and [in this testimony] they have shown us what takes place during the celebration of the Holy Mass and the way to live it with our hearts. Mary’s words are in bold.
7) His Excellency started Mass, and when he reached the Penitential Rite the Blessed Virgin said:
8) “From the bottom of your heart ask the Lord’s forgiveness for all your faults, for having offended Him. In this way you will be able to participate worthily in this privilege that is, to attend Holy Mass.”
9) I must have thought for a split second: ”But I am in the state of Grace. I just went to confession last night.”
10) She answered: “Do you think you have not offended the Lord since last night? Let Me remind you of a few things. When you were leaving home to come here, the girl who helps you approached
you to ask for something, and since you were running late, you answered her in a hurry and not in the best way. That was a lack of charity on your part, and you say that you have not offended God…?
11) “On your way here a bus crossed into your lane and almost hit you. You expressed yourself in an unfitting manner against that poor man, instead of coming saying your prayers and preparing yourself for Mass. You showed lack of charity and you lost your peace and patience. And you say that you have not hurt the Lord…?
12) “You arrive at the last minute when the procession of the celebrants to the Altar has begun… and you are going to participate in the Mass without previous preparation…”
13) “All right my Mother, say no more to me,” I replied. “You do not have to remind me of more things because I am going to die of grief and shame.”
Theresa of Avila she had to acknowledge the gravity of sin before advancing in spiritual life. We become complacent to swear words, extra glass of wine, and other hamburger. Capable of excusing oneself.
What is sin? Name the virtues but not the sins and people are perishing.
Another nugget from Catalina’s testimony highlighting the immense worth of Holy Mass to whet one’s appetite, so to speak.
30) Some of them were carrying something like a golden bowl with something [inside] that shone a great deal with a golden white light. The Virgin Mary said: “Observe. They are the Guardian Angels of the people, who are offering this Holy Mass for many intentions, those who are conscious of the significance of this celebration, those who have something to offer to the Lord…
31) “Make your offering at this moment… Offer up your sorrows, your pains, your dreams, your sadness, your joys. Offer your petitions. Remember that the Mass has infinite value. Therefore, be generous in your offering and in your asking.”
32) Behind the first Angels came others who had nothing in their hands; they were going empty handed. The Virgin Mary said: “Those are the angels of the people who, in spite of being here, never offer anything. They have no interest in living every liturgical moment of the Mass, and their Angels have no offerings to carry before the Altar of the Lord.”
33) At the end of the procession came other Angels who were rather sad, with their hands together in prayer, but with their eyes downcast. “These are the Guardian Angels of the people who are here, yet they are not here. That is to say, they are the people who have seen themselves forced to come, who have come here out of obligation but without any desire to participate in the Holy Mass. Their Angels go forth in sadness because they have nothing to carry to the Altar, except for their own prayers.
34) “Do not sadden your Guardian Angels… Ask for much. Ask for the conversion of sinners, for peace in the world, for your relatives, your neighbors, for those who commend themselves to your prayers. Ask for much, not only for yourselves, but also for all the others.
35) “Remember that the offering which most pleases the Lord, is when you offer yourselves as a holocaust so that Jesus, upon His descent may transform you by His own merits. What do you have to offer the Father by yourselves? Nothingness and sin, but the offering of yourselves united to the merits of Jesus, is pleasing to the Father.”
- Practical Exhortation: Take an honest appraisal of your growth in the Faith. Personal reading, lectures, retreats. Ask the Lord for the opportunity best suited for your situation. Listen to the Holy Spirit as He guides you. Ask Our Lady, St. Joseph, & the Guardian Angels to intercede for your intentions.
Complacent. Man falls into sin bored with goodness not enamored with sin. We must guard against boredom to goodness and heaven.