- Scriptures Portrayal of Kings
- Definition of King what were the parameters, Deut, desire for God to be only ruler, people reject judges
- Condescension of God to waywardness of people ANE. Kings were a common
- Promise to Abraham fulfilled by King David, Name, royal dynasty, implications
Anointing essential element of kingship. David not a descendant of Saul. Not patrimonial kingship. God anointing the king.
Queen Elizabeth’s anointing not filmed, personal moment.
Baptism anointed priest, prophet, king. Great gift of dominion through Baptism. We serve as King & Queen serves in truth. Essential to enter into feast day.
- Queen Mother, not queens/wives of King, look at genealogy, sat on a mercy seat, interceding for people Bathsheba
Queen Mother, Edward Sri (Emmaus Road: Steubenville, OH) 2005
- SS references of Jesus as king Mat 2:2 “Where is the newborn king of the Jews?”; In theGospel of Luke, theangel Gabriel proclaims to Queen Mother Mary, “Behold, you will conceive in your womb and bear a son, and you shall name him Jesus. He will be great and will be called Son of the Most High, and the Lord God will give him the throne of David his father, and he will rule over the house of Jacob forever, and of his kingdom there will be no end.” Lk 1:32cf, 2 Sam 7:12-16 Nathan’s prophecy to David